February 23, 2009

Valentine's in Vegas

I must admit, it sounds a bit cheese-y, doesn't it? Valentine's in Vegas? Really?! Not to mention the irony involved...my husband and I don't gamble! So why would we choose this place of all the possibly far more romantic locales we could have decided upon? Namely this, it afforded me the opportunity to attend a production I've been wanting to watch for years, the Cirque du Soleil. For our very first show, we went to see Mystere and I was not disappointed! Touted as "an intriguing blend of beauty and strength, power and grace, passion and precision", Mystere was just that. I was truly amazed by the talent, strength and skill of the artists. Their performances left me awestruck and many times on the edge of my seat. I can't wait to watch another one!


entrancing drummers

amazing acrobats

astounding contortionists

fantastical costumes

3 comments:

Jess said...

Hi Jean,

I hope you and the family are doing very well. Thank you for popping in to say hello! I did enjoy my birthday. Sounds like it's been a busy season for a lot of people. What a wonderful Valentine's Day you must have had. I'm sure the show was beautiful. We saw La Reve when we were out there about a year ago and it was pretty special.

Have a great week...even though I don't get to blog as much as I'd like, I do miss yours.

Willnnabel said...

Oh I adore Cirque Du Soliel! My favorite has to be Allegria (love the music). While I have never had the resources to see them I have watched them preform on the Bravo Channel and have the CD soundtracks. Lucky you!

Anna said...

great!!!!!!!