March 11, 2008

TKO

As promised, today I present to you a post on food, or rather, a food. A very special, tasty type of food. A TKO. At least, that's what I'd always thought it was called. It made sense. I mean, when you tasted it, it was a knock out, in the sense that it would knock you out because it was so good! But when my husband purchased it for me two days ago, he overheard another patron in line telling his companion that TKO stood for Thomas Keller's Oreo. Ahhhh, so that's what it meant!! Now that made perfect sense! In case you didn't know, Thomas Keller is the chef of the renowned French Laundry restaurant. He also owns several other establishments in the tiny town of Yountville including Ad Hoc, Bouchon Bistro and the adjacent bakery below. Another interesting bit of information--he was the advisor on the animated motion picture "Ratatouille."

Bouchon Bakery in Yountville

Backstory: I asked my husband to buy two TKO's. One for me to consume immediately. A second for me to bring home and take pictures of for this post. Well, it turns out I couldn't wait to go home and take pictures prior to eating the second cookie! Consequently, these two pictures were taken on the center console of our car while I waited for my husband to come out of Dean & Deluca. Sorry, I really did mean to place it on a pretty dish or something.

1 comment:

Jess said...

My daughters and I love the film, "Ratatouille"...how neat that Keller was an advisor. My husband would love to try this TKO for his sweet tooth!