March 31, 2008

When the dog bites, when the bee stings. . .

When I'm feeling sad, I simply remember my FAVORITE THINGS. . . (and well, you know the rest).

Taking a hint from Mara at :: the simpler things :: I've compiled a list of some of my favorite things. These are supposed to be things I use regularly, so here goes. . . .



My husband bought this for me as a Valentine's gift and it has since become my favorite fragrance.








Here is yet another fragrance I use, but for the home. These have replaced the Glade plug-ins I used to swear by. They're prettier than the plug-ins, more energy-efficient and free up valuable outlet space. (Just have to add that I have my sister to thank for introducing these to me when she gave me one as a gift).










It was a sad day when I had to acknowledge my need for eye cream. But since I do have to use it, this is the one I have learned to love! Their Eye Alert is pretty cool, too.







Since I don't like that caked-on powder look that comes from touching up with a compact too often, this is a definite must, especially during the warmer months when we ladies tend to "glisten" more than usual.







This is my all-time favorite shampoo. It has a unique, fresh, clean scent and I love how it makes my scalp tingle!










I need my coffee fix every morning, so this is a lifesaver! Just program it the night before and your hot cuppa joe is waiting for you when you wake up.









As the family historian, this has been an indispensable instrument for capturing those special moments.







Post-it notes: always handy for a quick note to a family member or reminder to oneself! Of course, I prefer pretty ones like these to the typical yellow ones.








Taking a bath is my daily luxury! Some people have regularly scheduled massages and since that is something I cannot afford, I resort to soaking in the tub instead. It's nearly as good and is such a soothing de-stresser! (Note: this is not my bathroom. Don't I wish! Photo is from BHG.)









Last, but certainly not least, my favorite book of all time. I still love my NKJV which sits on my nightstand, but this is the one I've been carrying around.





And there you have it. Feel free to share some of your favorite things as well!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mention, friend! I think my heart skipped a beat for a sec when I saw that pic of the bath. I really thought it was yours!

michelle said...

What a lovely idea! Thanks for sharing. Speaking of 'favorites', perhaps you'll have a tip for me for my upcoming search of a new pair of boots. I had to say goodbye to my favorite pair of Franco Sarto. With the winter weather still hovering here in the Midwest, yes there's been snow this spring, I am in need of a new pair. Help! You have an eye for style and great patience with seaching on-line. By the way, shops now have spring shoes, so I'm finding it difficult to look for boots, except on line. I'll send you a separate e-mail on a few finds, let me know what you think.
My best,
Michelle